We offer a warm and friendly work environment, with co-workers who work as a strong, professional team.
Current position open: as of 9-21-16
Front Desk Assistant; Morris location 2-3 days; Yorkville/Sandwich location 1-2 days - 32+ hours
Helps patients by providing clinical and office assistance in our three podiatry offices.
Travel between offices required - Yorkville, Morris and Sandwich IL.
Hours - Some Tues evening hours required- Occasional Saturday hours.
401K matching Safe Harbor Company Matching plan.
Access to: Aflac (offers disability and plans), LegalShield (legal plan and Id theft monitoring)
Health Insurance - not offered - available via the Affordable Health Care Act -apply for self coverage.
Working Environment: Podiatrist Medical office environment (with office locations in Yorkville, Sandwich and Morris - travel required)
Front Desk Assistant
*Performing reception services acting as first point of contact. Answering incoming calls, communicating with patients, potential patients and other healthcare offices and referring providers, obtaining accurate information from caller and transferring to the appropriate staff, taking/distributing messages, greeting patients, handling requests for information, updating patient information, keeping databases up-to-date, scheduling and confirming appointments for patients, open and close office daily and punctually.
*Prepares charts daily for clinic appointments. / Ensures account balances are collected./ *Obtains pre-certs as needed.
*Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping patient care information confidential, follows all HIPAA procedures.
*Electronically send private and protected healthcare information, provide support to other staff, responding to specific requests for information, tracking information, run credit card payments, scanning of documents, distribute incoming faxes to appropriate staff, send faxes, maintain office supplies, placing supply orders, receiving deliveries, inventory product supplies. Supporting and continuing to build
*Knowledge of insurances and accurate recording of information. Administrative duties such us: typing, filing, faxing, preparing charts and treatment records, invoices, data entry, and mailing projects. Proactively addressing the needs of the practice and managing office operations with their expectations.
* Serves and protects the physician or health care provider practice by adhering to professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and OSHA standards.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Enhances health care practice reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Medical Assistant Responsibilities:
* Prepares patients for the health care visit by directing and/or accompanying them to the examining room; helping them to position themselves for the examination and/or treatment; arranging examining room instruments, supplies, and equipment.
* Verifies patient information by interviewing patient; reviewing and/or recording medical history; taking vital signs; confirming purpose of visit or treatment.
* Supports patient care delivery by helping health care providers during examinations; preparing laboratory specimens; performing basic laboratory tests on the premises; disposing of contaminated supplies; sterilizing medical instruments; authorizing drug refills as directed; telephoning prescriptions to pharmacies; drawing blood; preparing and taking patients for x-rays under doctors supervision, assist doctor in removing sutures; changing dressings and all medical procedures done in office.
* Completes records by recording patient examination, treatment, and test results. / * Educates patients by answering questions.
* Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock / * Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance / * Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
* Responsible for all office daily, weekly and monthly cleaning
* Responsible for daily, weekly and monthly maintenance of all in medical equipment.
Desired Qualifications: Certification: CNA or CMA experienced preferred
Individuals with high attention to detail. Excellent clerical & clinical skills. Punctual and dependable.